6. June 2007
The SoftwareDeveloper lists 100 Freebie CSS Resources.
If you’re in the market for a professional grade site, you’ve probably found that quality design work doesn’t come cheap. But while hiring outside help can be costly, designing your own site can be almost free if you know where to look for good resources, tutorials and tools.
That’s a really nice list!
1. June 2007
WordPress is one of the best blog software and there many themes, plugins and seo tips for it. So you need a list with all that stuff in it. Here we go.
- How to install WordPress 2.0
- Getting Started with WordPress from WordPress.com
- Getting Started with WordPress Blogs
- Tips for first steps
There are many plugins for wordpress. Most of them are listed at Wp-Plugins. But there too much, to know which of them are good and which are not.
Lorelle has list bloggers favorite WordPress Plugins and this is really good.
more WordPress Plugins:
- TOP 30 WordPress Plugins in Blogosphere
- Top WordPress Plugins
- 8 Invaluable WordPress Plugins!
- My Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins
- 10 Best WordPress Plugins for Google Adsense
The theme of a blog is very important and if you are not able to create an own theme you can check out the following links.
- Theme viewer
- 100 Favourite WordPress Themes
- 83 Beautiful WordPress Themes You (Probably) Haven’t Seen
- 10 Fresh, Elegant and Clean WordPress Themes
- The Best Minimalist WordPress Themes
- Comprehensive list of 980+ Free WordPress Themes
- iTheme – iMac look like Theme
- WordPress Themes
- (1)Top Ten Best Free WordPress Themes and Templates
- (2)Top Best Free WordPress Themes and Templates
If you want to create a unique personalized WordPress theme, but don’t know how to use CSS or PHP: try this Theme Generator. Change colors, layout, header, font, several settings and preview instantly. Result is a saved to .zip file, download, extract and upload. Great new WordPress tool. Das nennt sich WordPress Theme Generator. Another generator isCanvas. This is a wordpress plugin and you can create your theme direct in your blog.
Using WordPress as CMS
- WordPress as cms – BEST!
- Using WordPress as CMS
- From Weblog to CMS with WordPress
- What is “Using WordPress as CMS”?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO), a subset of search engine marketing, is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” (”organic” or “algorithmic”) search results. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results, or the higher it “ranks,” the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.
- Search Engine Optimization for Blogs – SEO
- Search Engine Optimization for WordPress
- Do-It-Yourself Search Engine Optimization Guide
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips for WordPress 2.0
- SEO Plugins for WordPress
How i get traffic with my blog? This is a difficult question. Some people post excellent tips:
- How to Promote Your Blog – Pro Blogger Tips
- Guide to Blog Promotion
- 55 Social Bookmarking Sites to Promote Your Blog Articles
- How to Promote Your Blog
- 52 of the Best Ways to Promote your Blog and your Business
24. May 2007
If you get stucked with your Blog and don’t know how to get more visitors and traffic check out this list:
- It’s all about the theme: Take a good one, with harmonic colors and a good usability.
Resources: Themes.Wordpress, Fahlstad, How to Blog
- Plugins and SEO: The most important thing for search engines and your visitors.
Resources: Akismet – Very good Spam Protection
FollowURL – For “no-nofollow” and a better linkstructure for the bots
SmartUpate – If you install this one, you wouldn’t send ping again, if you edit your posts
DynamicMeta – Creates a new Meta Description and Meta Keywords for each site
GoogleSitemap – Creates a sitemap for Google
Keywords – Keywords are very good for bots, because they love links
More to find at proBlogger
- The content – must be interesting
Resources: Technorati Popular and Where’s the Fire? What’s Hot, and Why are two good service to see what’s interesting for the people outside.
More Ideas: 101 Great Posting Ideas That Will Make Your Blog Sizzle
- How to become Success, Traffic, Visiors?
There are two methods!
First one: Write your blogurl in the signature on each forums you are. Write it in your e-mail signature, too. Leave your URL in guestbooks andblog directories (e.g: Blogcatalog or Google Directory). Tell your friends about your blog via Messanger.
Second one: Use the Web 2.0
Register and do some actions on MyBlogLog. If you write in peoples profiles and view their sites, the come to you. Explode is the same one!
Go and twitter something like: “I just complete a blog post – LINK”.
You want 9 Minutes of Fame? No problem! Check this and visitors will be guaranteed. Publish your posts on Digg and the other social bookmarking services like: Del.Icio.Us, or Furl.
Ping some services. How does it works? Go on reading here
More? Read more tips here: Branding Your Blog for Success, 27 Lessons Learned on the Way to 3000 Visits a Day and 2200 RSS Subscribers, A Glimpse Behind the Scenes of Successful Blogs