26. March 2007
If you want to start a homepage or a weblog you don’t need knowledge of HTML or CSS. There are many Homepage and Blogtemplates on the internet. If you ever googled for free templated you’ll get hundred of sites with templates, but the most of them are not free or the quality is very bad.
- Open Source Web Design
- Currently more than 2000 Homepagetemplates
- Many business templates.
- At template monster you will get only templates for paying, but there are some free sample templates.
- Many templates without copyrights.
- Freelayouts has myspace and cms templates, too.
- Very nice CSS Templates.
- Many templates for different topics.
- Simple Templates.
- Good and many Templates
- Free Themes for blogs at blogger.com
- Free Themes for blogs at blogger.com in different languages.
- WordPress Theme Viewer
- Everyone knows that.
- Great Posting with 83 beautiful wp themes.
- In german, but download and preview is english
- Very nice wordpress themes from Sadish
- Nice quality themes.
- How to Blog
- A list with 980+ WordPress themes from “How to Blog”
- It could be this one
- Could it be a wordpress theme from this one?
- Nice Icon collection for webiste
- Many Icons for your weblog or website. Very nice!
- High quality Icons for sure.
25. March 2007
yes.. i am still alive and have a new theme
23. February 2007
Something new, something different!
YEAH, I have designed a new theme for my wordpress blog in the last two days.
Maybe there are bugs or something like that, but I am still working on this.
But the most of it is already done and I don’t want to wait any longer to show you this style.
The choose of the colors is very different to my old style, but I think I should try something new.
Yes, what more can I say?
I want to know what you are thinking about this.
So please leave a comment with your opinion
17. February 2007
Everywhere you can get a free blog at different services. I take the top 4 services and compared them by their functions and the way to use.
I compared here the services: Blogger.com, WordPress.com, Livejournal.com and Windows Live Spaces.
- Fast registration
- easy way to use
- Tagoption in posts
- Add and arrange Page Elements on Frontpage
- Many settings
- Good Templateeditor (edit HTML, too – Build own theme)
- RSS-Feed and nearly XHtml and CSS valid
- No categories
- Profile and Comments on another page, not directly in the blog
- Navbar on top
- Plugininstalltion difficult
- Only write posts – no sites
- Fast and easy registration
- easy way to use
- dashboard with own style andmany settings
- blog and feed stats
- write pages
- set categories
- many themes and plugins are preinstalled
- rss-feed, xhtml and css valid
- can not build own theme
- limited space (50MB)
- A litle bit difficult for beginners
- Slowest registration but still good
- Choose between two variants of the account
- Choose your mood, tags, location and music at a post
- Friend and community system
- Nearly xhtml and css valid
- Helpmail how to start
- Create a poll
- Advertisement !
- It is not easy to handle
- Navbar on top
live.com (Microsoft Space)
- More or less easy to use
- Many themes and options
- Integrated statictictool
- You can send trackbacks to other blogs
- In other blogs you have a blog it option
- no tags
- very slow
- Too many scripts in the code
- You are not able to edit the css or html code
So at the end of this comparison I can say, that blogger.com is the best way you can start with. The registration is very fast and you can directly start to blog. You have many options, but not too much, so you can handle everything. For those who only want to write posts and maybe show some images it will be ideal.
But if you have a little experience you should choose WordPress.com, because you have more options, better looking and more plugins for SEO and so on.
Maybe you are not agree with. So let me hear your opinoin in the comments.
16. February 2007
And the Search Engine Journal knows why.
There is a list with 13 Reasons why this link attribute (rel=”nofollow”) sucks.
Most of the bloggers don’t know that they use this attribute.
But this tag is bad for SEOs and the Search Engines Bots.
You have the following on your site: <a href=”http://www.alinktothissite.com/” rel=”nofollow”>read on here for example … and so on</a>
If you got this, the bots of a search engine aren’t able to visit the site you are linking. So the content of this site doesn’t get into the index. The result: This site can’t get a better Page Rank and goes down the search results pages.
That’s bad for the owner and for yourself.
So check another 13 reasons and know it better why NoFollow Tags Suck!
9. February 2007
I found a interesting service called “Feng-GUI – Feng Shui for graphic user interfaces.™“.
You can check out there, how people view your website. You insert you webadress there and you will get a heatmap for your site.
The description there says:
Find out how people View your website or image and which areas are getting most of the attention.
The ViewFinder Heatmap service, simulates human visual attention and creates an attention heatmap.
My heatmap looks like this:
There is also a firefox extension which will creat heatmaps of every site you are.
21. January 2007
In my other weblog I ask the following:
You can often read that one has more success with his weblog when the author writes in English. Most people of the world understand this langauge and so do most of my people.
MyBlogLog gives me the mental impetus to start thinking about that. If I write my blog entries in English i can give everybody the chance to understand me.
I get a good feedback for the design but most are not able to understand anything. The translation by bablefish is not very good so either I start writing English or the English speakers must read it by this translation.
The biggest problem I have is that I could not handle this language very well and my sentences are very simple. I can not image that I am able to write whole movie reviews in a good way. But I can try and I think it is not bad when I learn this world language better.
So now I decided: YES!
I make this weblog only for english speakers.
So I hope you like the design